How We Rate Legal PA Online Gambling Sites
Of course, we don’t recommend to you any casino we come across. Precisely, we first check some casino's key aspects in order to rank a casino. For instance, we rate our PA online casinos based on the following aspects.
- License and regulations: One thing we look at is the legality and legitimacy of online casinos. Since we don’t want casinos to scam you, we check if they have licenses from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board. Any casino you pick from our list has this license.
- Safety and security: We don’t take your safety and security for granted. Before recommending a casino, we check if there is an audited Random Number Generator and SSL encryption technology.
- Trustworthy and reputation: A good casino should have a positive reputation. At the same time, it should be a casino that you can trust with your money and other personal details. To this end, we don't overlook these aspects when ranking our Pennsylvania online casinos.
- Number and variety of games: Then, we only recommend casinos that spoil you with unlimited games. For example, we check if a casino has both popular and exclusive games.
- User experience (mobile casino): Undoubtedly, mobile gaming is one of the aspects that distinguish one casino from others. Since we want you to enjoy gaming on the go, we only recommend mobile-optimized sites.
- Bonuses and promotions: We also rate our casinos based on the available bonuses and promotions. For instance, we look if casinos have sign-up bonuses, free spins, cashback bonuses, reload bonuses, etc.
- Loyalty program: A world-class casino should treat loyal customers like VIPs. As a result, we first check if a casino has a loyalty reward program or not.
- Payment and withdrawal options: This is another critical aspect that we can’t overlook. Our PA casinos have diverse banking options. Moreover, we make sure the options are safe, secure, and fast.
- Customer service: During your gambling adventure, you will always encounter some hitches. As a result, we rate our legal PA online casinos based on the quality of customer service. To be specific, casinos should offer you 24/7 customer support.
Online Gambling Laws and Regulations in PA You Need to Know About
Online gambling became legal in Pennsylvania in 2017. However, the first online casino went live in 2019. Governor Tom Wolf signed bill HB271 into law, which provided the laws and regulations that online casinos must adhere to. Some of these laws and regulations include:
- All online casinos must apply for licenses with Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board. This is the only licensing and regulatory body in PA. On top of that, online casinos must partner with at least one land-based casino.
- Players must pay federal tax and state tax. Currently, PA online casinos will withhold 25% of your winnings. At the same time, you will pay a 3.07% personal income tax.
- Casinos must pay tax from their revenue. For example, online slot revenue tax stands at 54%.
- All players must be 21 years and above. In order to play at online casinos, you must be 21 years and above.
- All players must be within the state’s boundaries. To play at any legal PA online casino, you must be within the state.
Are Online Casinos in PA Safe?
All online casinos in PA are safe and secure. Specifically, Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board licenses and regulates all online casinos. In order to get a license from the board, each online casino must partner with a land-based casino. In addition to that, casinos use audited Random Number Generator to ensure games’ fairness.
As a matter of fact, most of the casinos have a low house edge, meaning that the return to player percentage is big. Finally, the majority of Pennsylvania online casinos utilize SSL technology to encrypt online transactions. With all this, you will get a safe and secure gambling environment.
List of Licensed Online Casinos in Pennsylvania and Who Operates Them:
PA has a variety of online casinos that you can choose from. Below is a list of the most popular casinos you should give a try.
- BetMGM – This casino debuted in PA in 2020. On top of that, it has partnered with a land-based casino by the name Hollywood Casino to offer you slots, table games, and live games. Besides, BetMGM, LLC operates this online casino.
- Borgata – Borgata online casino went live in February 2021 and has partnered with a land-based casino, namely Rivers Casino. BetMGM, LLC operates the casino and offers you table games, slots, jackpots, and live casino.
- Caesars – Launched in November 2020, Caesars Online Casino is a site owned and operated by Caesars Interactive Entertainment, LLC. Here, you will get slots, table games, and live dealer games. Still, the land-based casino partner for Caesars is Harrah’s Casino.
- FanDuel – Owned and operated by Flutter Entertainment, Flutter Casino debuted in PA in January 2020. Besides, it has partnered with Valley Forge Casino to offer you slots, table games, and live games.
- Unibet – This online casino has been online in PA since November 2019. Also, Unibet Interactive Inc. owns and operates the casino. In PA, the casino has partnered with Mohegan Sun Pocono.
- Fox Bet – Fox Bet is one of the many online casinos that went live in 2019. Again, TSG Interactive US Services Limited operates the casino. At this casino, you will get slots, card/table games, and live games.
- Draftkings – Launched in 2020, Draftkings casino operates under the license of Penn National Gaming. Again, it has partnered with a land-based casino by the name Meadows Casino. At the casino’s disposal, you will get slots, table games, and live dealer games.
- BetRivers Casino – Rush Street Interactive Pa. LLC operates this casino. Moreover, the casino launched in July 2019 and has partnered with a land-based casino by the name Rivers Casino. Here, you will play games such as Slots, jackpot slots, table games, and live games.
- SugarHouse – The casino also launched in 2019 and has partnered with Rivers Philadelphia. Then, Rush Street Interactive PA, LLC operates the casino.
- Hollywood – Another legal online casino that launched in 2019 is Hollywood Casino. The bookmaker operates under the license of Penn National Gaming Inc. Here, you will play a variety of titles, including slots, live games, and table games.
- Stars Casino by PokerStars – This casino launched in November 2019 and Rational Intellectual Holdings Limited owns it. However, it has partnered with Mount Airy Casino Resort, which is operated by TSG Interactive US Services Limited. Here, you will get game categories such as slots, live games, and table games.
Pennsylvania Online Casino Bonuses and Promotions
Indeed, Legal PA online casinos are well known for offering hefty bonuses and promotions to all players. In fact, you will never find a casino that doesn't offer you offers at different stages of your gambling journey. Some of the bonuses and promotions you will get include:
- Sign up bonus – In a nutshell, this is the bonus you will get after signing up with the casino. It is also called a registration bonus or account creation offer.
- No deposit bonus – This is the bonus you will get without making any qualifying deposits. In other words, you don’t deposit any money in order to get it.
- Match bonus – With this bonus, you need to make a deposit, and the casino will match it with a certain percentage. For example, you may get a 100% match bonus up to $200.
- Reload bonus – Similarly, this works the same as the match bonus. Simply, you need to reload/or make more deposits, and the casino will give you a certain percentage of that bonus. For example, you may get a 50% Weekly reload bonus.
- Free spins – These are the bonuses to use exclusively on slots. You will either get them after depositing or without depositing some money. So, when you get these, you will spin the reels of slots for free.
- Promo codes – Then, PA online casinos have unique codes that come with lucrative bonuses. After getting these codes, you need to use them in order to claim the attached bonus.
- Free play – This works the same way as a free bet. With it, you will place a bet for free. In other words, you don't need to have money in your account.
Online Casino Games
PA online casinos have impressive game selections that feature both popular and exclusive titles. For example, you will get the following categories in most online casinos.
- Slots: Unquestionably, slots make up the main gaming portfolio in many casinos. Here, you get a variety of slot machines, including classic slots, video slots, and progressive jackpot slots. The popular titles you will get include Starburst, Gonzo’s Quest, Book of Dead, and Legacy of Dead.
- Roulette: PA online casinos do not disappoint when it comes to games of chances. You will get roulette variations such as American Roulette, French Roulette, and European Roulette.
- Blackjack: At Pennsylvania online casinos, you will still get games of skills like blackjack. The popular variations include Classic Blackjack, Atlantic City Blackjack, and American Blackjack.
- Baccarat: When it comes to card games, PA casinos have Baccarat. For instance, you will get Mini-Baccarat, Punto Banco, and Baccarat Squeeze.
- Poker: Still, these are card games that you will always come across. You can rest assured of getting titles such as Casino Hold’em, Caribbean Stud Poker, and Three Card Poker.
- Craps: On top of the common table games, PA casinos have dice games. These are Craps, and you can switch to them anytime.
Popular Sports Betting Areas – What Can I Bet On?
PA Casinos also offer sports betting to their players. So, if you are a fan of sports, you will choose from a variety of sportsbooks. Again, these sportsbooks have a variety of leagues that you can bet on. For example, you can select a casino from our list and bet on the following leagues.
- Horse Racing: If you don’t want to visit a land-based casino, you can wager on a variety of horse racing tracks online. One of the PA casinos that offer this sport is Bet America.
- NHL: Presently, this league has 32 teams. So, if you love Hockey, you will always have a team to bet on. Select any of our casinos, and you will be good to go.
- MLB: Major Baseball League has a total of 30 teams. Interestingly, the majority of PA casinos have this league. To this end, you can join the one you want and get a variety of betting options.
- College Basketball: If you are into College Basket Ball, PA casinos have got you covered. To bet, you only need to join a casino, select a sportsbook, and then choose a betting option of your choice.
Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS)
In addition to the normal leagues, you can bet on fantasy sports games that run for an hour, a day or a month. In these games, players create a team of professional athletes. After that, a team will earn points based on the performance of an individual player.
Online bookies allow you to place bets, where you will compete against other players and earn money. Some of the PA bookies that are currently offering DFS include FanDuel and Draftkings. You can bet on Daily Fantast Sports league such as:
- College Fantasy sport
Deposit and Withdrawal Methods Available at PA Online Gambling Sites
In order to play at PA online casinos, you must first make a deposit. Then, you will need to withdraw your money after winnings. To this end, these casinos offer you banking options such as the following.
- ACH/eCheck – If you are a high-roller, we recommend you use this option. It has higher limits but it is one of the safest banking options.
- Debit/credit cards – The majority of PA casinos have listed Visa, Maestro, and Mastercard as their payment options. You can use them, but it is good to note that their acceptance rate is low.
- Play+ – After signing up with a casino, you can go ahead and sign-up for a Play+ card. Precisely, it is a prepaid debit card that you can use to deposit and withdraw money at any PA online casino.
- PayPal – This is a popular e-wallet that you can use to transfer money to your casino’s account. Still, you can use it to withdraw your winnings. To get started, you need to fund it with your credit card or any other acceptable method.
- PayNearMe – With this option, you must pay in cash. Similarly, the casino will pay your winnings in cash. If you are up for it, you need to visit any of the 7-Eleven or Family dollar Stores in Pennsylvania.
- Wire Transfer – You can also transfer money to your account electronically. In order to transfer, you need to provide your bank with the recipient's name and account number. Also, you should include the amount you want to transfer.
How Do I Sign Up at An Online Casino in Pennyslvania?
Although the account creation process may vary from one casino to another, the required details are almost similar. The standard steps of creating one include:
- Visit the casino’s homepage.
- On the homepage, click on the “Join Now” or “Sign Up” or “Register” button.
- Fill in the sign-up form. For instance, enter your name, username, password, and phone number. Also, enter a promo code if you have one.
- Finally, click on the “create account” button.
History of Online Gambling in Pennsylvania
Online gambling became legal in PA in 2017. This happened after Governor Tom Wolf signed the bill HB271 on 30th October 2017. Moreover, the passage of the bill made Pennsylvania the fourth state to legalized online gambling. This was after Nevada, New Jersey, and Delaware.
The first online casinos in PA went live in 2019. For a casino to go live, it must partner with at least one land-based casino. Today, the state has a variety of online casinos, and new ones are finding their way into the market.
Pennsylvania Self-Exclusion for Problem Gamblers
PA Gaming Control Board promotes responsible gambling within the state. For this reason, all casinos must have a responsible gambling page. On the page, casinos should provide ways to deal with problem gambling. For instance, they should discourage underage gambling by all means.
Also, most of the casinos require you to self-exclude yourself for one year, five years, or a lifetime if you have a problem gambling. Besides, you can seek help by calling 1-800 GAMBLER. On top of that, there are tools you can use to control the way you gamble. These tools include:
- Deposit limits
- Bet limits
- Session limits
Pennsylvania Online Casino Summary
Indeed, PA online casinos have what it takes to take your gambling experience to the next level. For instance, they have all the games you could think of, including slots, table games, jackpots, poker, and live games. Also, they will give you hefty bonuses throughout your gambling journey.
Specifically, you will get sign-up bonuses, free spins, match bonuses, reload bonuses, promo codes, cashback bonuses, etc.
Better still, most of them have mobile casinos, making it possible to play on the go. Since safety and security bother many players, these casinos encrypt your transactions using SSL technology. Plus, they use an audited Random Number Generator.
Other aspects such as convenient banking options and 24/7 customer support make these casinos stand out from the crowd. That said, we highly recommend PA online casinos.