Pennsylvania Sportsbook Bonuses and Promotions
As a player, you expect multiple bonus rewards once you register on any online gambling platform. If there’s nothing exciting, you might end up discouraged. However, PA sportsbooks are well-known for offering generous bonus offers that are hard to forego. They include:
- Sign up bonus – After registration, most PA sportsbooks will offer you some bonus credits. Usually, the bonus money depends on the size of your deposit. Therefore, the larger the deposit, the more the bonus funds. Some sports betting sites may call it the welcome offer.
- No deposit bonus – To make things even more interesting, some Pennsylvania sportsbooks will offer you a bonus without demanding any deposit. Therefore, you only need an active account, and that's all. Once your account is up and running, the bookmaker will release your bonus funds immediately. The deal is as good as it is.
- Match bonus – This is a lucrative offer that depends on your deposit amount. As such, if you are a high roller, this one’s for you. The bookie will match your deposit amount by a certain percentage and release your dues immediately. Therefore, for a bigger reward, consider making larger deposits.
- Reload bonus – If you stick around and make regular deposits, be sure to get rewards for that. Most PA sports betting sites will offer you a bonus every time you fund your account. However, this depends on the particular bookie. Some operators may offer these bonuses on weekdays while others on weekends. Therefore, make sure to check out the bonus terms and conditions first.
- Odds boost – Once you become a VIP player, you will gain access to personalized incentives that no regular bettor can get. Boosted odds are some of them, and they’ll help improve your winning chances. That’s how you grow your bankroll fast.
- Cashback – Since sports betting depends entirely on luck, losing shouldn’t worry you. Besides, it gives an adrenaline rush, important in gambling. In case you are unlucky, be sure to get compensation in Pennsylvania. Depending on the sportsbook, you can get your stake back in full or just a portion of it.
- Promo codes – Some PA sportsbooks have unique codes through which you should claim your bonus offers. Usually, you should enter the promo code first before claiming the offer. Also, the codes are unique to specific offers. Therefore, you may not use one code for multiple promotions.
- Risk free bets – Sometimes, a bookie will allow you to bet on a sports game without staking any money. Such bets are called free bets, and they involve no risks, hence the name risk free bets. Interestingly, if you get lucky, the winnings will be added to your account balance.
- Loyalty bonuses – Your loyalty at PA online sportsbooks never goes unrewarded. When you continuously place bets via a particular bookie, you will be entitled to several extra benefits. These may include enhanced bonus rewards, personal account management, and more. Usually, you'll earn loyalty points every time you make real money wagers. Once you accumulate enough points, you can redeem them for real money.
Sports Betting Apps for iOS and Android
In Pennsylvania and the entire world at large, mobile usage is at its peak. Any business that intends to stay healthy has to adopt this new normal. Interestingly, PA sportsbooks are not left behind in this revolution. You can now watch live sports matches on your mobile gadget.
The fun doesn't end there, though. You can also place bets on your favorite sports games without any hassle.
With sports betting apps, you can do almost anything on your handheld device. This may include signing up, depositing, wagering, and withdrawing your winnings. The best thing is that your gadget's operating system is nothing of concern.
Whether Android or iOS, there is an app perfectly compatible with your device. Also, the apps are designed with players’ safety and security in mind.
In Pennsylvania, you can start your sports betting adventure through any of the following apps:
- DraftKings Sport – For a simple, hassle-free, and exciting betting experience, consider registering at DraftKings Sportsbook. It is one of the first bookies to launch in Pennsylvania and still remains a top choice. The bookmaker is legal and legit in Pennsylvania, offering irresistible bonus deals.
- BetMGM – With the BetMGM sportsbook app, you can enjoy a personalized experience filled with exciting gaming products. The variety of sports here is commendable, and be sure to get fair treatment.
- FanDuel – Here, you can enjoy unlimited betting options at all times. Everything from future bets to in-play wagering is available. Moreover, you will get multiple bonuses to keep you motivated.
- Unibet – Set apart by a unique design, Unibet is one of the few classical sportsbooks in Pennsylvania. If you love soccer, be sure to get multiple betting options. Other sports games are available too.
- Foxbet – As part of The Star Group, Foxbet stands out in the crowd. Here, you can transfer money from one bookie to another. Besides, you will get adequate player support, not to mention the numerous bonus rewards.
- SugarHouse – This bookie covers international sports to ensure that you get an all-round sports betting experience. Notably, the user interface is friendly enough to make navigation easy. Therefore, you shouldn’t have problems in your exploration journey.
- Barstool Sportsbook – Though not that popular, the Barstool app has managed to secure a large part of PA’s sports betting market. At a glance, you can tell that the design is unique. Once inside, you’ll be amazed by how exciting the features are. In addition, you will have plenty of betting options, not to mention the wide array of bonuses and promotions.
- Parx Sportsbook – Get an exciting $250 risk free bet once you become a member at Parx. The bookie is available in Pennsylvania and involves a simple and straightforward sign-up process. Therefore, you should get started in few seconds.
List of Sports and Leagues you can bet on in Pennsylvania
PA sportsbooks cover all major sporting events in the state and other countries as well. However, you can’t participate in events with predetermined results. Major sports and leagues available are:
- MLB – If you are a baseball enthusiast, PA sports betting sites got you covered. With the MLB league, you can watch and bet on any match.
- NFL – In Pennsylvania, football is one sports game you don't want to miss out on. In the NFL league alone, 32 teams participate. Interestingly, all the matches in the league are covered in most PA sportsbooks.
- UFC – For more action, consider trying out the UFC. Here, a genuine display of martial arts skills takes place. Excitingly, this championship features pro fighters, fetched worldwide.
- NBA – This league consists of 82 games with 30 teams participating. However, 29 of them are US teams while the other one comes from Canada. Interestingly, all PA online sportsbooks cover all the NFL matches.
- NCAAF – This is a college football league with over 130 participants, some of which are conferences.
- MLS – Sanctioned by the US Soccer Federation, the MLS league showcases men’s professionalism in soccer. There are 26 teams – 23 from the US and 3 from Canada. Interestingly, all MLS matches are available in most PA sportsbooks.
- Premier League – America has an undeniable liking for soccer. As a soccer fan, you can’t afford to miss any match in the premier league. To make things more exciting, all PA sportsbooks live stream all the matches in this league.
- Boxing – Just like the UFC, you can bet on boxing contests in Pennsylvania. The actual tournament doesn't have to be in PA, though.
- NHL – This one comprises 31 teams, 24 from the US and 7 from Canada. All the matches are available in Pennsylvania online sportsbooks.
- Horse Racing – You can watch and wager on live horse racing events in Pennsylvania. The Keystone State only has six horse racing amenities. Therefore, be ready for horse races all year round.
- LOL (League of legends e-sport) – This is a multiplayer online video game with over 140 champions. In case you are new to the game, sportsbooks will give you a rundown on the basics of the game.
Top PA Online Sports Betting Events you can bet
Every year, there’s a line-up of multiple sporting events in Pennsylvania. Interestingly, a league or championship can run for up to 12 months. Therefore, there is no day when you’ll lack a match to bet on. While betting events may vary from one sportsbook to another, common ones in PA include:
- College Bowl – This is a post-season college football event where popular teams in the NCAA participate. The thrill and fun here is nothing you want to miss. The best thing is that sportsbooks bring all the matches to you in real-time.
- March Madness – This single-elimination basketball tournament features 68 teams, all men. The tournament is famous in Pennsylvania, explaining why most PA sportsbooks offer it for betting.
- College football – In a fight to join the professional football, the thrill involved in college football is undeniable. Excitingly, most sports betting sites have all college football in live coverage.
- Kentucky Derby – This horse racing event is held annually in Pennsylvania. While the action unveils, you can place bets at any legal PA sportsbook.
- Triple Crown – Usually, a Thoroughbred horse who wins the Belmont Stakes, Preakness Stakes, and Kentucky derby gest a Triple Crown. In Pennsylvania, you can bet on the Triple Crown winner.
- NBA Finals – This is a champion’s league that takes place every year. Here, champions in the Eastern and Western conferences play seven games to determine the ultimate winner. The matches are all available for bets in PA sportsbooks.
- Super Bowl – Sports betting sites in Pennsylvania bring the Super Bowl league live and in real-time. Be sure to find boosted odds and in-play wagering options.
- Stanley Cup – If you love hockey, you don't want to miss out on any match in this championship. Interestingly, you will get multiple betting options are free bets to grow your bankroll.
- The Masters – a professional golf tournament streamed live in most sportsbooks. As long as you are 21 years or older, betting here shouldn’t be a problem.
- Oscars (Academy awards) – Most Pennsylvania sports betting sites have various betting options for Academy. Besides, you can bet both online and in a location-based sportsbook.
- Wimbledon – Every year from June to July, you’ll have a chance to bet on this tennis championship in Pennsylvania.
How we Rate Legal PA Online Sportsbooks
Arguably, you can’t just choose a sports bettings site at random and register for an account. There are a few things you should consider first. Besides, the increasing number of bookmakers in the market makes it hard to choose wisely.
However, this shouldn’t happen if you are keen on your selection. Here are the factors we consider when ranking legal PA online sportsbooks:
- License and regulations – Before hitting that “Sign Up” button, ensure that the sportsbook is licensed. However, the issue is not always about licensing. Check if the licensing body is recognized in Pennsylvania and that the license hasn’t expired yet.
- Safety and security – When joining any PA sportsbook, you must provide personal details. If this information is compromised in any way, it may not end well for you. That’s why ensuring a site uses encryption technology is vital. In addition, your money should remain safe at all times. Therefore, all available payment methods should have robust security systems.
- Trustworthy and reputation – Players’ complaints about a bookie should raise a red flag. And if it doesn’t, then I don’t know what to tell you. Even so, we examine the credibility of the complaints to ascertain that everything is true. Overall, it is advisable to read other player reviews as they may enlighten you.
- Number and variety of sports – The best legal PA sportsbook will have a wide array of sports to choose from. This will include major leagues and sports events in the state and other countries internationally. If you can get all the games you fancy in a particular bookie, try it.
- User experience (app) – As a sports bettor in Pennsylvania, you deserve an immersive betting experience. Moreover, you should have the freedom to bet at your convenience. Therefore, it is only wise to use a sportsbook app that offers you precisely that. In addition, check the bookie’s website to ensure that the experience is equally exciting.
- Bonuses and promotions – A few perks are important as they attract prospective customers. They also help in retaining the already existing members. While most PA sportsbooks offer promotional offers, the best ones give them out occasionally. This will keep you always motivated.
- Loyalty program – A legal PA sportsbook that values your loyalty will offer more than just regular bonuses. You should occasionally get some treats through the loyalty program. If a bookie offers this, you might want to check it out.
- Payment and withdrawal options – You should have multiple banking options to choose from. In addition, the methods should be fast, safe, and simple to use. That's what makes a sports betting website great.
- Customer support – The best sports betting site should have a dedicated team of experts to help you whenever need be. What’s more, the team should be friendly and professional. This will ensure that you get reliable replies in a timely fashion. That’s precisely how we rate legal PA online sportsbooks.
Different Sports Betting Types Offered in Pennsylvania
When it comes to betting options, PA sportsbooks spoil you for choice. Regardless of your tastes and preferences, you won’t lack something exciting. A typical online sportsbook in Pennsylvania offers the following betting types:
- Moneyline – You can predict the winner of a certain game or event with the favorite and underdog in mind. Usually, the favorite has negative odds while the underdog gets positive odds.
- Parlay – With parlay bets, you can blend two bets so that they win or lose as one wager. However, we can’t ignore the risks involved. Although you’ll have a chance to win big, losing will have a major effect.
- Spread – A spread is a bet where you don’t bet directly on who will win or lose. Instead, you’ll choose the team that will cover the spread. Usually, the sportsbook will make the spread cover before the game kicks off.
- Future – Here, you predict the outcome of a match before the actual game. This explains the bet’s name.
- Teasers – This bet allows you to adjust the initial point spread, though not in all games. However, you should make a teaser bet if you’re with the odds dropping.
- Over/Under – This wager involves betting if the total points will be under or over a certain pre-established number. For instance, you can predict if a certain player will make over or under 3 scores.
- Round Robin – This is a multi-team wager that blends different parlay bets into one. Interestingly, you will still get a few bucks even if one parlay loses. But the rewards are considerably less.
- In-game – Even when the game has started, you can still make your wagers in some PA sportsbooks. However, you need to be alert as the odds here keep changing. A tip-off though, the results become easily predictable as the game advances.
How Does in-play Wagering and Live Betting Work?
When late for the game, relax. With the live betting feature, you can still make wagers on ongoing games. Excitingly, PA online sportsbooks have some of the well-established live betting features. You will get more in-play wagering options with boosted odds. Therefore, winning will be easier for you.
Notably, there are different types of live betting in Pennsylvania. The common ones include:
- Continued pregame wagers – Arguably, this live betting option is the most straightforward of all. Bookmakers change the odds as the game advances. This is because the outcomes become easily predictable. However, you must be quick in making decisions since the time will be limited.
- Milestone achievement – Some PA sportsbooks will set a mark where you predict if a team will reach the mark or not. Notably, this isn't limited to the game in action only. You can wager on the whole tournament.
- Partial game results / micro-events – This involves wagering on specific game actions, rather than the outcomes of the entire match. For example, you may predict the team to score more goals in the second half of the match.
PA Sportsbook Payouts
As bonus offers come in different types, so do the payouts. In PA sportsbooks, you can get your offers in different shapes. Here are the popular payouts in Pennsylvania:
- Free bets – You automatically get these payouts without spending anything from your bank account. Therefore, an active sportsbook account is the key requirement. Excitingly, you can generate winnings without risking a single coin. However, don’t forget to keep an eye on the playthrough requirements.
- Bonus dollars – like the free bets, PA sports betting sites add this payout to your bonus balance automatically. However, you must unlock the offer by depositing an agreed amount of money. Also, where bonus codes are required, be sure to use them.
- Straight cash – Some PA sportsbooks are generous enough to reward you with cash that's ready for withdrawal. However, this is rare since the bookmaker intends to keep you playing on the site. If you get straight cash, would you stick around?
Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS)
Besides the regular sports games, you can also bet on Daily Fantasy Sports in Pennsylvania. These games involve high-level skills and run hourly, daily, or weekly. As such, not many PA sportsbooks offer DFS games. The most prominent bookies in this sector are DraftKings and FanDuel. Also, the most common games involved in DFS betting are soccer, football, and hockey.
Payment and Withdrawal Options at PA Online Sportsbooks
Banking solutions at legal PA sportsbooks are never limited. You can deposit and withdraw safely via:
- Debit/Credit card – major credit/debit card companies like Visa and Mastercard are available in most PA sportsbooks.
- Play+ – for quick deposits and withdraws, consider using Play+. It is a simple method that processes transactions safely.
- PayPal – With PayPal, you can fund your bookie account in a fast and efficient way. You can also withdraw via the same method.
- PayNearMe – With this method, you can make payments to a sports betting website without involving your bank.
- Skrill – This method is instant for both deposits and withdraws. Once you fund your Skrill account, depositing in your preferred bookie should be easy.
- Neteller – A secure way to make instant deposits into your sportsbook account. Cashouts with this method are also timely.
- ACH/e-Check – Once a sportsbook links with your checking account, you can electronically move money from your bank to the site. The same applies when withdrawing.
- Cashiers cage – Here, you must physically appear to the sportsbook’s cashier game and make your deposit. This method is also available in several PA sportsbooks.
How to Start Playing at a Pennsylvania Online Sportsbook
To plat at PA sportsbooks, you must sign up first. Interestingly, most of them have a simple and direct registration process that involves:
- Find sportsbook in our list – We have an extensive list of recommended PA sportsbooks here. Simply click on one.
- Download app – For a personalized gaming experience, download the sportsbook’s app.
- Register account – create an account. Start by providing your log-in details, then enter personal information and submit the application.
- Deposit money – To unlock any available bonus offers, you should fund your account. To do so, log into your account, head to the cashier section, and deposit via your preferred payment option.
- Place first bet – once the deposited funds appear in your account, it’s time to stake.
PA Sports Betting Laws and Regulations
All legal sports betting sites in Pennsylvania are regulated. As such, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that there are rules governing their operations. Some of the notable PA sports betting laws include:
- Only racetracks and casinos should conduct sports betting operations.
- All sportsbooks must have a location-based venue, if new, the bookie will have 270 days to set it up.
- The sportsbook must pay at least $200,000 for a license, $400,000 for an iGaming permit, and $250,000 for responsible gambling.
- Betting on collegiate games is illegal.
Pennsylvania Sports Betting History
Sports betting in Pennsylvania became legal in 2017. However, the legalization talk was far from over. The PA Gaming Control Board mentioned that the licensing of sports betting sites would be a gradual process. In 2018, the state was getting ready for a massive sports betting launch. Within this year, retail sportsbooks started opening in Pennsylvania.
In May 2019, SugarHouse Sportsbook went live. It was the first online sportsbook in Pennsylvania but others followed shortly after. BetRivers was the second, then DraftKings and FanDuel launched the same year. However, we can’t ignore the fact that COVID-19 slowed things down for Pennsylvania. On the bright side, the state’s betting market may start rejuvenating if things go back to normal.
Responsible Gambling and Self-exclusion List
All PA sportsbooks are concerned with your gambling behavior. As such, they ensure that you always gamble responsibly. First things first, you can’t gamble on these sites if you are underage. Secondly, the bookies inform you about the gambling risks involved.
Therefore, you’ll be aware of what you’re getting into. Lastly, you will have resources to help you with problem gambling. These include a self-exclusion program and a team of experts to offer professional help.
PA Sports Betting Summary
In conclusion, Pennsylvania is a big Sports betting market in the US. You will find plenty of sportsbooks, both online and land-based. These bookies offer several sports betting products with regular bonus rewards. More to that, you’ll have multiple payment options at your disposal.
The customer support is commendable and security measures remain stringent. Overall, sports betting at Pennsylvania is great and getting better.